| Season Two, Episode 3 |
# in series (101 episodes)
|Air date||October 11, 2005|
|Written by||David E. Kelley|
|Directed by||Mike Listo|
| ← Previous|
| Next →|
A Whiff and a Prayer
Memorable quotes Edit
"A woman once left me 'cause the way I grunted during sex reminded her of her potbellied pig."
"You grunt like a pig during sex?"
"Mmmm. And when I fell asleep after, she said I snored like her pig, too. You just can't win."
"We need to go to the woods and touch ourselves... get in touch with ourselves. Men can only truly bond in the woods."
- - Denny, as he tries to convince Alan to join him at Nimmo Bay
"I'm not a good flyer, especially helicopters. I don't understand the aerodynamics. And I'm feeling quite inclined to vomit."
"There's fish down there, man."
"Uggh. In that case..."
- - Alan and Denny as they approach Nimmo Bay in their helicopter
"Oh, my God. This book – A Stain Upon the Sea – it's all about these sea lice."
"They call them 'cling-ons.' "
"Did you say Klingons?"
- - Alan and Denny
- James Spader as Alan Shore
- Julie Bowen as Denise Bauer
- Mark Valley as Brad Chase
- Rene Auberjonois as Paul Lewiston
- Justin Mentell as Garrett Wells
- Ryan Michelle Bathe as Sara Holt
- Candice Bergen as Shirley Schmidt
- William Shatner as Denny Crane
Special appearance by Edit
Also starring Edit
Guest starring Edit
- Shawn Christian as Tim Bauer
- Kurt Fuller as Reverend Donald Diddum
- Leslie Jordan as Bernard Ferrion
- H. Richard Greene as Judge Harry Hingham
- Jeremy Davidson as Peter Barrett
- Lisa Kaminir as D.A. Valerie Murrow
- John Thaddeus as Detective John Stephenson
- J. Patrick McCormack as Judge Sean O'Byrne
- Clifton Murray as Fishing Guide
- David A. Kimball as George Knott
- Takayo Fischer as Clerk
- Fraser Murray as Fisherman